A couple weeks ago I remembered an online blog I wrote in high school. It was crazy to see the things that I worried about 6 years ago. My main topics were boys and the fun nights we had planned. It's astonishing how careless I was then, compared to now, I had no worries, no one to take care of, no bills to pay, and now that's all my life consists of. I guess it could also be called "growing up." When I was in high school I never would have guessed that I would have a daughter by 20 or evern in a million years have thought my daughter would leave this world before me.
I think about Kylie every second of everyday. While working, I pass by Halloween costumes and dream about dressing Kylie up, and what she would have been. I've decided she would probably have been a lady bug. I had started calling her my Kylie Bug, and no matter what Daddy had said, I'm sure she would have been a lady bug. It's amazing to me how far I've come with dealing with Kylie's death. I know that I will never be "over it," or "forget" about it. But I feel at peace with where she's at, and although it will never be okay that she's not here, there's absolutely nothing I can do, except know that I will see her again. It doesn't make the pain go away, but it a little comforting.
Here's a little treat.. :) Another picture of my cute niece Ava..

I'm very excited for what God has planned for Nick and me. :)











It sounds like you've come a long way in your healing, and that's great. I visited your sweet girl last week. I pray everyday for God to continue healing your heart and it sounds like he has begun to do that. Love you!
ReplyDeletePS: You're neice is adorable as always. I noticed someone didn't snap her onesie closed. Cody always left Evan's onesies unsnapped and it drove me absolutely nuts. :P
PPS: I still want to know your secret. haha
Oh, and I love your new layout!
ReplyDeleteI hate onesies being left unsnapped too! But my mom thought it made her not so hot.. whatever.. haha.. I'm glad you went to visit Kylie.. We're still working on getting her headstone ordered..there's still a lot of issues we're working on.. Apparently my "hair is too dark" but i'll let you know as soon as it gets put out there.. and you'll know my secret as soon as possible.. I've had this problem with jixning everything after I talk about it..
ReplyDelete